4.5.3 Dye injection
Tokyo Institute of Technology
22.214.171.124 General information
Confocal microangiography method has difficulties in imaging deep or complicated areas. These limitations are compensated by the berlin-blue dye (Wako) injected embryos (Ura, 1944).
- Prepare 0.75 % berlin-blue dye solution in deionized distilled water.
- Prepare the grass microinjection needles by grass capillaries using a vertical pipette puller.
126.96.36.199 Dye injection
- Dechorionate the required staged embryos by manipulation.
- Anesthetize the dechorionated embryo with 0.84% tricaine (Sigma).
- Tear the yolk for ease of injection and incise the heart to allow blood drainage.
- Inject the berin-blue dye with the grass microinjection needle from the dorsal aorta.
- Fix the injected embryo in 4% paraformaldehyde.
- The specimens are observed through the stereomicroscope.
Ura R (1944). The development of the blood vascular systems. Nisshin Igaku 33:130-143.