2.3.2 Culture of brine shrimp†
188.8.131.52 General information†
This protocol will provide dairy food sufficient for a scale of breeding which deals with approximately 5,000-10,000 fish in 5,000 of 15 liter-tanks.
184.108.40.206 Large-scale culture of brine shrimp†
- Prepare 28 liters of 2.2% salt solution in the hatching tank (see attached photo).
- Put 120 grams of brine shrimp eggs.
- Incubate them at 25ºC with bubbling overnight.
- Stop bubbling and stand for 5-10min to separate hatched larvae (lower) from unhatched eggs and eggshells (upper).
- Collect only the hatched larvae from the bottom of the hatching tank.
- If you keep them in 2.2% salt solution with bubbling, they will survive several hours.
#ref(): File not found: "brine shrimp.JPG" at page "2.3.2 culture of brine shrimp"