4.4.2 Calcein and Alizarin complexone staining †
Tokyo Institute of Technology
184.108.40.206 General information †
Alizarin complexone(red fluorescent dye) and calcein(green fluorescent dye) staining are vital dyes that stain calcification tissues.
220.127.116.11 Reagents and equipments †
- Calcein staining
0.5% Calcein, 0.2M NaOH
- Alizarin complexone staining
0.5% Alizarin complexone(ALC) , 0.2M KOH
- Each stock solution is freshly prepared at 20µl/ml of medaka ringer.
18.104.22.168 Method †
- Larva(and adult fish) are incubated in staining solution.
- Wash several times with medaka ringer.
- Fluorescent is monitored microscopically with FITC(calcein) or G(ALC) filter set.