The Rice-NBRP have started to charge handling fees for request of resources from the current fiscal year (2010). Please check the details on the following table before registering
|Resources of National Institute of Genetics||Resources of Kyushu university|
|Request flow||Request flow|
→ Notice to the use of NIG Rice Collection
MTA (Material Transfer Agreement)
National Inst. of Genetics
(Genetic Resource Center)
|Kyushu University (Inst. of Genetic Resources)||MTA(PDF File)|
|Kyushu University (Plant Breeding Lab)||MTA(PDF File)|
How to Request for Resources.
- Search For Resources.
Add Resources To Your Cart.
Add multiple resources to your cart simultaneously.(This only applies to wild strains)
- Fill in the Required Information for Your Request.
- Confirm Your Order.
- Your Order is Completed.
1. Search For Resources.
- If you want to search comprehensively, please enter a keyword in the "Strains" search box.
- To find a particular resources, please use the advanced search in each strain page.
2. Add Resources To Your Cart.
- Click the button “Add” to request for a resource.
- To remove a resource from cart, click the "Remove" button.
- To confirm resources in your cart, please click "View Cart" button.
- Please check the resources in your cart, add resources if necessary.
- Click on the “Remove All” button to remove all the items from your cart.
- If you decide all resources for request, please click the "Request" button.
Add multiple resources to your cart simultaneously.
(This only applies to wild strains)
- If you wish to order an entire core collection, click on the “Click here to add all resources for each rank.” link.
- You can order an entire core collection by selecting a rank and clicking on the appropriate “Add all” button.
- You can place all the strains listed in the search result into your cart. To do so, click on the “Add all in the list” button.
- Click the "Login" button.
- If you have already logged in, you will skip this login page.
- Enter your email address and password, and click the "Login" button.
4. Fill in the Required Information for Your Request.
- To change your information, click the "Edit" button.
- Fill in the information on "the purpose to use these materials, the subject of your study, researcher and the Principle Investigator". Required fields are marked with an asterisk*.
- If the details of the researcher or the Principle Investigator are identical to the applicant’s, check the "same as applicant" checkbox.
- Fill in the comments box if you have any questions or comments.
- If you fill all input items, please click "Confirm" button.
5. Confirm Your Order.
- Please check whether the content is correct.
- To modify your request, click the "Modify" button.
- If your request is correct, click the "Request" button.
- Regarding strain distribution by National Institute of Genetics, we will handle requests for 50 or more different strains in units of 50 strains. The system will automatically split your request and assign a request ID to each 50 strains. Please note that it will require some time for all the strains to be shipped.
6. Your Order is Completed.
- Your request is completed.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to the e-mail address you have registered.
- Please note that a resource's price and payment methods are different for each center.