- The added line is THIS COLOR.
- The deleted line is THIS COLOR.
- Go to 1.3.1 Food.
**18.104.22.168 General information
I present here a part of our medaka breeding protocol. Please refer to other sections in 1. Keeping medaka to see the overall breeding procedure. Using the procedure, in our hands more than 80% of medaka fry reach the adult stage 1.5 to 2 months after hatching.
**22.214.171.124 Artificial food
- Foods with a small diameter are suitable. We use artificial feeds with small particle size (300¦Ìm in diameter) (Otohime ¦Â1, Nisshin Feed, Tokyo) for adults, and smaller particles (100¦Ìm in diameter), prepared from the adult food by grinding and passing through a sieve, or an artificial food with small particle size (Fry Feed Kyowa A, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co. Ltd., Tokyo) for larvae and young fry.~
**126.96.36.199 Live food
- Paramecium is a good feed for larvae.~
Please refer to 2.7.1 culture of paramecium.
- We also use brine shrimp larvae as feed for fish from two weeks of hatching to the adult stage.
Please refer to 2.9.1 culture of brine shrimp.