General Information of NIG-FLY RNAi stocks
How to use
A. We provide RNAi fly stocks that can produce dsRNA by crossing with an appropriate GAL4 driver and knockdown targeted genes (see “About RNAi Fly”). You can download a list of full information from the top page “Download All RNAi Stocks Files”.
A. Search the stock ID, ex. 1001R-1, and click the “Stock ID”. You will jump to “RNAi Stock Detail” which shows general stock information, vector information, off-target information and so on.
A. Sorry but yes, there are possibilities of white-eyed contamination. White+ is used as a marker but some lines are contaminated with white-eyed flies. They are originated from a failure of balancing caused by multiple insertions. We are trying to cure these lines, anyway please check their eye color before using.
A. We have established RNAi fly lines with SM1; TM3 balancer chromosome. (w; Sp/SM1, Cy; Pr/TM3, Sb Ser, see About RNAi Fly--> Method--> Injection and line establishment--> Fig.2). Generally our stocks have been cleaned up for the balancers, but sometimes both balancers are left when lethal mutation is caused on the non- P inserted chromosome
A. We cannot guarantee that our stocks are mite free. Please DO NOT mix with your clean stocks before inspection. However, we try keeping our stocks under clean condition and frequent transfers in order to avoid mites. If you find any problems in the stocks you received from us, please contact “flyadmin AT lab DOT nig DOT ac DOT jp”.
A. Please see “About NIG-FLY”.
How to use NIG-FLY Stock Center
A. Please follow the procedure described below.
1) Get a DGRC ID by registering yourself from “Register here!”.
If you agree to our policy, fill in the form and click “submit”. The principal investigator, person responsible for payments, must submit this form.
ID and password will be sent to you by email.
2) Search stocks by our searching form. You can use stock ID, CG number, gene name and symbol(s) as keywords. You can add details using “Advanced Search” and also upload or past multiple stocks copied from a list.
3) Click “Order” button and make sure your stock is added into the cart. If you need more stocks, go back to the top page, search and order again.
4) Click “Request” to order all stocks in your cart.
5) Read carefully instructions.
6) Log in by your DGRC ID and confirm your order. Select your order type. If you do NOT select the correct order type, your order will be cancelled even after the completion of your order.
7) Read MTA and if you agree to our policy, check “agree” box.
If you select “Re-Order”, this process could be skipped.
8) Confirm your order again and proceed to payment.
9) Input your credit card information and complete the status. You will receive a confirmation mail in a few minutes. If you don’t receive this mail, contact us (flyadmin AT lab DOT nig DOT ac DOT jp).
10) We will send you an e-mail with a tracking number when your order is ready for shipping.
A. Before you submit, make sure that your email address is correct. DGRC ID and password will be sent automatically to the registered email address. If you don’t receive the mail in few minutes, system might be down or is in some kind of trouble. Please contact us (flyadmin AT lab DOT nig DOT ac DOT jp).
A. Please make sure you have the right ID before you enter our site. Four-digit number compose DGRC user ID, for example 1234.
“Drosophila Genetic Resource Center (DGRC) Kyoto,
Japan”, and “Drosophila Genomics Resource Center (DGRC) Bloomington, USA” are
completely different organizations. NIG-FLY and
A. Yes, we require the MTA for each new stock. Please contract the MTA whenever you select “New Order”.
A. Please complete all the necessary formalities at your institute and your country. Transgenic flies at NIG-FLY are regulated under Japanese laws and the Cartagena Protocol on Bio-safety of the Convension on Biological Diversity. The regulation at the P1A level is required regarding safe handling, storage, transport and use.
A. We charge 100 JPY per stock and plasmid, 1230 JPY handling fee per shipment and shipping fee. You can find the shipment fee to your destination here .
A. We accept payment by credit card (VISA or MasterCard only), which system is provided through a cryptographically protected connection, SSL (Secure Socket Layer). To complete placing the order, you have to fulfill your credit card information (such as card numbers and expiration date), however this information will NOT be transmitted to NIG-FLY. Pre-clearance period is from the day you place order until shipment is settled. Actual clearance will be settled on the day we confirm your shipment. Pre-clearance period should complete in 90 days, otherwise your order will be canceled.
Please see “Payment and Fee Information”.
A. Clearance information will be sent to your credit card company at the end of the month. Usually, you will be charged in two to three months after the clearance date. If you have any questions, please contact your credit card company.
A. Sorry we only accept credit card.
A. We put rough fee information in the first confirmation mail. During the shipment status, fee will be re-calculated after we check the actual weight. Please check your final invoice attached to the shipment confirmation mail.
A. There are few reasons for cancellation.
1) When you ask us to cancel the order.
2) When your credit card expire before the shipment. Please make sure your card won’t expire at least in 90 days, during the pre-clearance term.
A. 200 stocks a month per one lab/PI is the limit we can accept.
A. NIG-FLY stock center ships fly stocks every Tuesday (once a week). Orders, which MTA procedure has completed by Wednesday, will be shipped next Tuesday. We will send a shipment confirmation mail with a tracking number of the package as soon as we clarify the shipment.
We do not ship during Golden Week Holidays (early May), Summer Bon Holidays (mid-August) and New Year Holidays. Please see “Shipping Schedule”. Orders received after the deadline will be shipped after the holidays.
A. Please try using other keywords. You can also download full information from the top page “Download All RNAi Stocks Files”. Sometimes we hide weak stocks temporally from the list until they become available for shipment. In this case, please wait a few weeks and search it again.
1) Please see "How to order RNAi Stocks"
2) Check your OS & browser combination. Recommended combination: Win XP + IE, Win VISTA + IE, Mac OSX + Safari
3) Erase all cookies and cashes left in you browser, both from "shigen.lab.nig.ac.jp" and "www.shigen.nig.ac.jp". Access directly to the following address and place an order again. http://www.shigen.nig.ac.jp/fly/nigfly/ If you still have problems, please let us know the details by email (flyadmin AT lab DOT nig DOT ac DOT jp).
A. We strictly check all of the fly stocks before dispatch. Unfortunately, in case you find any stocks under those circumstances, please let us know by stock ID(s), request ID, DGRC ID and name of PI as soon as possible. We will send flies again for free. However, if the package was confirmed to be delivered normally into your country, we cannot guarantee after the condition, such as custom procedures. In some cases we should ask you to place a new order.
A. Sometimes stocks are too weak or the demand for one certain stock is too great for us to supply. The reason is printed on the invoice, which is attached to the shipment confirmation mail. Stocks will be shipped as soon as they become available for shipment with no additional fee. NIG-FLY tries to delete weak stocks from our distribution list, however occasionally the list might not been updated when you placed the order.
A. We will not send flies for the person/organization for the purposes of profit-making business.
A. Sorry, but NIG-FLY does not provide service of technical assistance for your experiments. We will send enough flies for the next generation. Please use the new born flies as you need.
A. Thank you very much. We suggest the following statement to be used: "The fly stock was obtained from NIG-Fly Stock Center." Please add an acknowledgement when publishing your research work using our RNAi fly stocks. Also, if you enter publication information to our “Reference Feedback“ system, your information will be added to our “RNAi stock detail” page. Many users will be able to access and share your paper information. Your cooperation would be very helpful for us to operate the center with continuous support from Japanese government.